Crazy-GeneCoderz
Crazy-GeneCoderz
Crazy-GeneCoderz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crazy-GeneCoderz

A Place for the budding Biotechnologist

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Planning and scope
Planning and scope I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:26 pm by Vignesh

» MORE ABOUT SWINE FLU ........ BE AWARE n BEWAREE
Planning and scope I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 11:37 pm by Lathika

» At least 100 dead from swine flu worldwide
Planning and scope I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 11:35 pm by Lathika

» ...............SWINE FLU....................
Planning and scope I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 11:33 pm by Lathika

» Downloadable Text books : Biology
Planning and scope I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 9:25 pm by Vignesh

» A suggestion- Academic side
Planning and scope I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:07 pm by Vignesh

» World enviornment day on june 5th
Planning and scope I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 10:03 am by Vignesh

» Taxonomy Presentation
Planning and scope I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 3:44 pm by Vignesh

» The rise and diversification of the english language
Planning and scope I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 10:40 am by Arjun

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Poll
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Planning and scope

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vignesh
Webmaster
Webmaster
Vignesh

Number of posts : 120
Propz :
Planning and scope Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Planning and scope Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-15

Planning and scope Empty
PostSubject: Planning and scope   Planning and scope I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 7:59 pm

one thought that has been in my head for quite a long time during these holidays is my future.

Have a made a mistake in coming to this institution?
What is the scope for my future?
what are my chances of building a successful career?
How can i do it with as little monetary expenditure as possible?

Basically, i did not do my entrances very well, i did not do anything well for the past two years actually, and that failure has been playing on my conscience. the main problem is that the dreams are big, which leads to a lot of pressure to perform, as well as a lot of disappointment on failure. I am sure many other people feel this way, and others are quite happy with what they have done so far. What i want to know is their views on the past, and of course, the future plans.

what i did a few days ago, was to decide to set my sights on the best courses available in our country, basically an integrated PhD degree from a research institution of quality.
I have come up with a list, of atleast four, all of which requite 'basics' in PCMB, and prescribe no syllabus whatsoever for their entrances. in fact, the entrance of NCBS includes a written paper, and three rounds of interviews, yet no syllabus is prescribed.
How on earth are you expected to prepare for an event of such importance, if you dont know what to prepare for???

the scope of our field is unlimited, the scope for jumping from our field to any other field is equally possible, however, in order to succeed, early planning is essential.

these are my views on what we have ahead of us....

what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Sreeram
Active
Active
Sreeram

Number of posts : 88
Job/hobbies : reading, sleeping, sitting simply, discussing topics of general importance in various forums, spending time with friends, posting on CGC, writing things of no importance.
Propz :
Planning and scope Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Planning and scope Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-17

Planning and scope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning and scope   Planning and scope I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 1:14 am

Yeah, what you told of our field is a very relevant point that the scope is unlimited. But to get to know more about what to do in future is only possible atleast after finishing one more semester, thats what i think.
Why i said this is coz by that time only you would know your flexibility, with the various branches of the subject.
My future plans- Before i came here i just wanted to get Msc somewhere and get a placement in some company and get done with it.
But now something, it may the friend circle i talk to or the atmosphere in the coll or i dunno, an interest in Research arose in me.
Anyway after talking to seniors what i feel is, if not in IISC or JNU, atleast you must get in amrita. I have always been thinking about my future after conversations with a good senior. I am a person lacking of self confidence. So frankly, i sometimes even think if i do not get in any of these institutions what will happen to me. Till now i like biopharmaceuticals. It may change after the coming sems, thats what life is all about, you can have hopes, you cannot except it to happen. However, i would prefer to remain in biotechnology in future, i dont have interest in informatics or microbiology.
For those who want to know what to do next, can ask probably Athira mam (just my personal choice). i think she would be a good person to help you, but for many of us with no interest in anything, if they want a good future they must develop an interst in what they are doing.
Back to top Go down
archie
Webmaster
Webmaster
archie

Number of posts : 48
Job/hobbies : reading,dancing n so on
Propz :
Planning and scope Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Planning and scope Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-16

Planning and scope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning and scope   Planning and scope I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 12:27 pm

well vignesh as u know those questions r the very same tat r runnin around in my head...
i agree wid wat u guys have said...but u know wat we just finished a year here n all tat we have supposedly learnt is phy,chem n all tat...
to get into the very basics of this field i think we shud c how r 3rd sem goes n then decide as to wat can be done...
well n regardin the entrances at NCBS n all tat i agree there is no prscribed portions or wateve...so its pretty much vague...but i guess tats y anil sir keeps tellin us abt extensive learnin it may help us out actually!!!it wudnt hurt us to try it out...lets wait n c wat happens!!!
Back to top Go down
Vignesh
Webmaster
Webmaster
Vignesh

Propz :
Planning and scope Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Planning and scope Right_bar_bleue

Planning and scope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning and scope   Planning and scope I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 6:15 pm

yeah, i guess its too early to tell anything,
anyway, im not in a serious mood right now,
so cannot contribute further to this amazing discussion,

let me just end with a crazy laugh,

muwhahahhahahehehehehhohoooooooooooooooo

have a nice day

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sreeram
Active
Active
Sreeram

Number of posts : 88
Job/hobbies : reading, sleeping, sitting simply, discussing topics of general importance in various forums, spending time with friends, posting on CGC, writing things of no importance.
Propz :

Registration date : 2009-02-17

Planning and scope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning and scope   Planning and scope I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:57 pm

You cannot end such discussions with a crazy laugh. How dare you?
Do you know the importance of planning.
I have only this much to tell you and after reading this you can consider whehter to give a crazy laugh or not:

A goal without a plan is just a wish.
Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it. Plan more than you can do, then do it.
Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood...Make big plans, aim high in hope and work.
Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire and begin at once, whether you ready or not, to put this plan into action.
It is a bad plan that admits of no modification.

Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless.
When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.
Back to top Go down
Vignesh
Webmaster
Webmaster
Vignesh

Propz :

Planning and scope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning and scope   Planning and scope I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:26 pm

ok :O
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Planning and scope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning and scope   Planning and scope I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Planning and scope
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Crazy-GeneCoderz :: Academic :: Biology-
Jump to: